Latest in the Section
- HTC Android 4.2.2 One will arrive in two weeks
- Spain, how to market experimental mobility?
- Chops (and XXXVIII) - Change the resolution of a video with ffmpeg
- Individuality of identical twins
- goal: augmented reality interface world's most advanced
- Apple retira Bang with Friends para iPhone de la App Store
- Telcel What is the plan that suits you?
- Apple strikes back and removes Bang With Friends from the App Store
- Apple retira Bang With Friends de la App Store
- IFTTT Recipes to take advantage of LinkedIn
Popular in the Section
- Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of 2009
- Synergy-Plus program, which allows us to control with a single keyboard and mouse several machines
- VBulletin case: "This decision is a true cross-Shirt to Spanish sovereignty"
- Inadvisable online mode of FIFA 2010 with Gamblers Anonymous
- Blood Moon, the adventures of the undead
- Olloclip brings the iPhone's camera to the next level
- Sasha Grey, Hulk Hogan y Daniel Dae Kim protagonizarán Saints Row: The Third
- Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream ultimate
- Party at home with friends and a dealer hand of Four Roses
- Dragon Age: Origins and the mod called "Natural Bodies"
|Technology - Software|
|Friday, 16 March 2012 00:14|
From MegaUpload closing , the services of file hosting are in the spotlight more than ever, the possibility for users to upload there files that are protected by copyright. RapidShare is one of them, something that is well clear the number of legal battles waged. Although he won many, this time the opposite happened and should now implement a mechanism very annoying: the content filter .
This is because a Regional Court of Hamburg confirmed three judicial verdicts of lower courts, related to causes that initiated publishers and record companies. While in previous cases it was determined that the firm is not responsible for charges made by the public, here is determined not doing enough to prevent violations of copyright.
Consequently, the company will be forced to filter the material is loaded on their servers, which would include thousands of titles that should be blocked immediately upon rising. Something that not only involves the risk of abuses such as those already reported IsoHunt and Hotfile , but can be easily circumvented by modifying the file names.
The fundamentals are still unknown verdict, something that gives hope RapidShare appeal and overturn the ruling. Do not forget that, last month, a ruling by the European Court of Justice's cyberlockers ruled that previously may not censor the files because that would be a violation of user privacy and the right to free information.
However, the company has always been prone to bring proceedings and to avoid any suspicion, leaving award prizes to popular downloads or closing accounts of those who had persistent breaches. For these reasons, even when this decision is confirmed against them, their owners do not believe the service is in danger . Hopefully it is resolved in a truly equitable for all.