Latest in the Section
- HTC Android 4.2.2 One will arrive in two weeks
- Spain, how to market experimental mobility?
- Chops (and XXXVIII) - Change the resolution of a video with ffmpeg
- Individuality of identical twins
- goal: augmented reality interface world's most advanced
- Apple retira Bang with Friends para iPhone de la App Store
- Telcel What is the plan that suits you?
- Apple strikes back and removes Bang With Friends from the App Store
- Apple retira Bang With Friends de la App Store
- IFTTT Recipes to take advantage of LinkedIn
Popular in the Section
- Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of 2009
- Synergy-Plus program, which allows us to control with a single keyboard and mouse several machines
- VBulletin case: "This decision is a true cross-Shirt to Spanish sovereignty"
- Inadvisable online mode of FIFA 2010 with Gamblers Anonymous
- Blood Moon, the adventures of the undead
- Sasha Grey, Hulk Hogan y Daniel Dae Kim protagonizarán Saints Row: The Third
- Olloclip brings the iPhone's camera to the next level
- Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream ultimate
- Party at home with friends and a dealer hand of Four Roses
- Dragon Age: Origins and the mod called "Natural Bodies"
|Technology - Gadgets|
|Friday, 07 December 2012 21:48|
The astronomy , or the scientific study of the stars, is a science simply beautiful, which I have a passion. I love watching the night sky through my small telescope , identifying stars and planets, but it certainly does not compare at all to the potential of the telescopes used by agencies as important as the ESO (European Southern Observatory), and as we have shown first image captured by his new telescope, where we can appreciate the beautiful Carina Nebula, located about 7,500 light years away from our planet Earth.
The Carina Nebula is not a new discovery by this telescope, which has been photographed on many occasions, since it is one of the nebulae preferred by researchers and practitioners of this science for their studies. This nebula surrounding notable because several star clusters, including some as Eta Carinae , which is the brightest of the entire Milky Way.
The telescope in question is called "VLT Survey Telescope" (VST), which is newer than the installed ESO Observatory in the Atacama Desert in Chile. This stunning device has some amazing features that help you capture images as spectacular as that of the Carina Nebula. The VST has a 268 megapixel CCD camera designed by various institutes and dubbed the "OmegaCAM".
One of the greatest wonders of the massive telescope is the fact that, according to the ESO, has the largest field of view on the world as it is "twice as wide as the full moon." This means that the VST can capture large portions of the sky simultaneously, outperforming all other telescopes in other observatories.
The image was presented yesterday by the ESO during their inaugural event held in the city of Naples, Italy, however, it is curious to note that this image was captured with the help of the President of Chile, Sebastián Piñera, and indeed This was last June when he finished the installation of the telescope and the President and his first lady were invited to the first tests.
Undoubtedly, the VLT Survey Telescope start giving great results in the wonderful study of the night sky and the infinite space.
Images: ESO .