Latest in the Section
- HTC Android 4.2.2 One will arrive in two weeks
- Spain, how to market experimental mobility?
- Chops (and XXXVIII) - Change the resolution of a video with ffmpeg
- Individuality of identical twins
- goal: augmented reality interface world's most advanced
- Apple retira Bang with Friends para iPhone de la App Store
- Telcel What is the plan that suits you?
- Apple strikes back and removes Bang With Friends from the App Store
- Apple retira Bang With Friends de la App Store
- IFTTT Recipes to take advantage of LinkedIn
Popular in the Section
- Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of 2009
- Synergy-Plus program, which allows us to control with a single keyboard and mouse several machines
- VBulletin case: "This decision is a true cross-Shirt to Spanish sovereignty"
- Inadvisable online mode of FIFA 2010 with Gamblers Anonymous
- Blood Moon, the adventures of the undead
- Olloclip brings the iPhone's camera to the next level
- Sasha Grey, Hulk Hogan y Daniel Dae Kim protagonizarán Saints Row: The Third
- Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream ultimate
- Party at home with friends and a dealer hand of Four Roses
- Dragon Age: Origins and the mod called "Natural Bodies"
|Technology - Gadgets|
|Thursday, 09 August 2012 00:38|
Continuing the eternal, and a little weary, patent war that pits Apple and Samsung in courts throughout the world over who invented the wheel first. This time it's Apple who deals a blow to Samsung. And, the Cupertino have made it admitted into evidence an internal document of the Koreans, the Samsung engineers to compare the iPhone to the Galaxy S feature by feature.
The document, 132 pages, translated from Korean and dates from 2010 and it seems that its authorship belongs to Samsung's engineering team. It evaluates virtually everything from the home screen applications that each terminal comes from the factory. After comparing the two terminals the team makes some recommendations, which are usually simple and follow the line of "You have to make it work more like the iPhone."
This goes against the idea which Samsung holds in this process, since the arrival of Samsung capacitive screens on the market pushed the industry into a particular format phone like the iPhone.
Apple however Samsung must demonstrate that not only did the Galaxy S more like the iPhone but also violated specific patents in relation to specific elements of the design of IOS devices. Apple has called for this during the last session a number of experts that support its version of events. Meanwhile, Samsung argues otherwise, besides defending the idea that Apple's patents are not worthy of being patent position regarding general concepts too, thought this is shared by much of the Android world.
Speaking to media, Samsung is shielded, not quite sure whether your for or against him, saying that perform this type of analysis with all its competitors as a way of innovation. Personally, I do not know how to analyze the terminals of the competition can be considered a source of innovation, unless we talk about search innovation of others.
Either way, you can take a look yourself at Scribd document and see why Samsung tried to avoid at all costs to enter this part of the evidence in the case: