Latest in the Section
- HTC Android 4.2.2 One will arrive in two weeks
- Spain, how to market experimental mobility?
- Chops (and XXXVIII) - Change the resolution of a video with ffmpeg
- Individuality of identical twins
- goal: augmented reality interface world's most advanced
- Apple retira Bang with Friends para iPhone de la App Store
- Telcel What is the plan that suits you?
- Apple strikes back and removes Bang With Friends from the App Store
- Apple retira Bang With Friends de la App Store
- IFTTT Recipes to take advantage of LinkedIn
Popular in the Section
- Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of 2009
- Synergy-Plus program, which allows us to control with a single keyboard and mouse several machines
- VBulletin case: "This decision is a true cross-Shirt to Spanish sovereignty"
- Inadvisable online mode of FIFA 2010 with Gamblers Anonymous
- Blood Moon, the adventures of the undead
- Olloclip brings the iPhone's camera to the next level
- Sasha Grey, Hulk Hogan y Daniel Dae Kim protagonizarán Saints Row: The Third
- Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream ultimate
- Party at home with friends and a dealer hand of Four Roses
- Dragon Age: Origins and the mod called "Natural Bodies"
|Technology - Gadgets|
|Sunday, 05 August 2012 19:02|
Facebook and Twitter and many social networks have a pretty big challenge, given its expansion and mobile use. When Facebook began its journey there was Android, there was no iPhone, Windows Phone much less had a website and how much they had to deal with IE or Firefox, but now they have something much more difficult hand: 7000 suit different devices accessing their services daily.
In the last month, Facebook has taken Google App Store Play or people nearly 150 million times, a negligible figure. And you will say "ya, but it remains a single application Google's Play" and no, not true, because for Android, an application is as if they were actually four different applications divided by screen sizes and a few other more, if divided by the Android version that has the device.
So with this adoption is taking so massive social network on mobile platforms, it is normal that their focus right now is to improve the experience on that platform. Only one problem: the pace of upgrades you can have with a native application is not the same you can have with a website where you can release updates every day, even several times a day. Right now, Facebook updates its applications every month or month and a half, especially in Android, where they have to deal with changes to support more phones coming out almost daily.
What is the challenge then? Already knew that Facebook did not make sense to make a phone propylene or, and support his thought would be titanic effort for little differentiation in the market they would have. The challenge is to integrate as could be in each of the platforms where it operates, making the sharing on Facebook is something that happens naturally to any event of your life through your app.