Latest in the Section
- HTC Android 4.2.2 One will arrive in two weeks
- Spain, how to market experimental mobility?
- Chops (and XXXVIII) - Change the resolution of a video with ffmpeg
- Individuality of identical twins
- goal: augmented reality interface world's most advanced
- Apple retira Bang with Friends para iPhone de la App Store
- Telcel What is the plan that suits you?
- Apple strikes back and removes Bang With Friends from the App Store
- Apple retira Bang With Friends de la App Store
- IFTTT Recipes to take advantage of LinkedIn
Popular in the Section
- Uncharted 2 was one of the best games of 2009
- Synergy-Plus program, which allows us to control with a single keyboard and mouse several machines
- VBulletin case: "This decision is a true cross-Shirt to Spanish sovereignty"
- Inadvisable online mode of FIFA 2010 with Gamblers Anonymous
- Blood Moon, the adventures of the undead
- Olloclip brings the iPhone's camera to the next level
- Sasha Grey, Hulk Hogan y Daniel Dae Kim protagonizarán Saints Row: The Third
- Heavy Rain, Quantic Dream ultimate
- Party at home with friends and a dealer hand of Four Roses
- Dragon Age: Origins and the mod called "Natural Bodies"
|Technology - Gadgets|
|Wednesday, 23 May 2012 07:22|
Windows Phone has begun to show signs of the worst feature of Android: that users of this platform can not enjoy the same applications. Nokia has confirmed that the 610 Lumia can not install Skype officially.
After the announcement that Skype would not be compatible with phones that have 256MB of RAM and Nokia ensure that the application would work in their Lumia 610, the user experience given not finally convinced the Finns, removing the opciónde download for these terminals. This confirms that manufacturers will have the ability to veto certain applications on their terminals, although 95% of the catalog terminals operate in low performance.
Upgrading to Tango opens the door for manufacturers to produce phones at very competitive prices ( at the expense of lowering in performance ) into emerging markets countries, but brings one of the worst evils that can have a platform: fragmentation . Although the arguments made by Nokia, the poor user experience that Skype was in 610, seem rational, the fact is that the error comes from deeper: Microsoft should not have allowed the emergence of low-end devices, in my opinion, as one of the things I like about Windows Phone is its uniformity as a platform, the existence of a unified style applications Marketplace and if it works in one, it works at all.
Hopefully not see how Microsoft lowering the standards necessary to run Windows Phone to Android levels at the expense of gaining market share, we hope that this increase comes from the hand of the recognition of the quality of Windows Phone.